Winter storm season is here, so now is a great time to prepare for any type of power outage. Members can stay connected during outages by adding a cell phone number to their account. By doing this, members will be automatically opted in to Horry Electric’s MyOutage program. This outage text alert program provides a convenient way for members to report outages without having to call us. Members can also request status updates regarding their outage.
How does it work? The MyOutage number is 1-844-369-2767. Save this number to your contacts and text “OUT” to report an outage or “STATUS” for an update.
During the month of January, any member who adds a mobile number to their account to participate in the MyOutage program will be automatically entered into a prize drawing for one of five $50 electric bill credits. Members have until 11:59 p.m. on Monday, January 31 to enroll. The winners will be announced in early February.
The limited-time offer is for NEW participants only. All member accounts are eligible to participate. The contest rules are outlined below.
Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc.
MyOutage Sign-Up Competition & Prizes
Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions
1. No Purchase or Entry Fee Required.
2. Timing. The MyOutage Sign-Up Competition & Prizes (“Promotion”) begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 1, 2022, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on January 31, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Overview. This promotion is a submission contest solely intended for members of Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc. (“Cooperative”) who currently are not registered for MyOutage but who sign up for MyOutage during the Promotion Period. Interested parties (the “Entrant” or “Submitter”) may be:
a) an individual member of the Cooperative (“Entrant”), or
b) an individual member entering on behalf of a legally-registered organization or association that is a member of the Cooperative (“Submitter”).
Entrants and/or Submitters may sign up for MyOutage, and five randomly selected Entrants will be awarded a $50.00 (USD) bill credit on their next bill from the Cooperative.
4. To Enter. Entrants and/or Submitters may enter online by visiting MyEnergy Online to sign up in the member portal or by calling us at 843.369.2211 during regular business hours. Entrants and/or Submitters must enter only one submission per email address. Entries submitted in violation of the contest entry rules will not be considered [be void]. All entries become the property of the Cooperative and will not be returned. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on January 31, 2022, the official end date of the Promotion Period.
5. Eligibility. Entrant and/or Submitter must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry, and the Entrant and/or Submitter must be a member of the Cooperative. The following are not eligible to participate: a) officers, directors, and employees of the Cooperative; and b) the immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) of Cooperative employees and household members with whom they may reside (whether related or not); existing members of the Cooperative who are currently signed up for MyOutage. This Promotion is void outside of South Carolina and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
6. Judging Criteria. Five winners will be randomly drawn from all properly submitted registration entries by February 7, 2022.
7. Prize Awarding. The give winners will be randomly selected and announced on or about February 7, 2022 from among all eligible entries received. The five winners will be notified by phone that the credit has been applied to their respective accounts.
8. Prizes/Odds. There will be five (5) prizes awarded: five $50.00 (USD) statement credits on the member’s next bill from the Cooperative. Odds of winning will be based on a random drawing from the total group of eligible submissions.
a) By signing up, Entrant warrants and represents that he/she is a member of a South Carolina Electric Cooperative;
b) By signing up, Submitter warrants and represents that he/she registered a legally-registered organization or association that is a member of the Cooperative;
c) The Cooperative reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time in the event the Cooperative determines, in its sole discretion, that the submission is inappropriate, not in keeping with Cooperative’s image, or that an Entrant or Submitter has not otherwise complied with these Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions;
d) By claiming a prize, the winner agrees that the Cooperative, and its officers, employees, members, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies, [do not have any] have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind related to participation in this Promotion, or from acceptance or use/misuse of any prize offered;
e) Acceptance of a prize shall constitute the winner’s agreement that the Cooperative or its agent(s) may use and/or display the winner’s name, address (city, state only), likeness, entry (and content) and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes, without further consideration, except where prohibited by law;
f) You agree to release Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform and acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform;
g) All taxes on prizes (if applicable) are the sole responsibility of the winner;
h) Prizes are not transferable or assignable, except to a surviving spouse, or at the sole discretion of the Cooperative.
10. Direct Marketing. By entering the Promotion, Entrant acknowledges that he/she may receive various marketing or other information from the Cooperative or its affiliated member electric cooperatives regarding their products or services. If an Entrant does not desire to receive this information, an Entrant may opt out by calling 843.369.2211 or emailing Service@horryelectric.com
11. Sponsor. Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc., 2774 Cultra Road, Conway, SC 29526.
Void outside of South Carolina and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.