The January 2013 edition of South Carolina Living magazine is packed with information for Horry Electric members. Copies will soon be delivered to mailboxes, but you can access our local content online now!
- CEO Column – Reward! Stop copper thieves – it’s definitely worth your while
- Chance of a Lifetime – We’re looking for high school juniors to represent Horry Electric at the 2013 Youth Tour – application deadline is Friday, February 22
- Safer seniors – WIRE-4-Safety puts smoke detectors in HEC members’ homes
- Feature story – The spirit of coöperation – Raised co-op, she’s home again with HEC – Conway’s Dee Riedel has ties to other electric cooperatives in South Carolina, but HEC is home.
- Touchstone Energy Cooperatives rank higher than Investor Owned utilities.
- Credit where credit is due – HEC member wins special drawing for updated phone numbers
- Do you have special medical needs? If so, you need to let us know.
Other highlights from South Carolina Living:
- Rules of Engagement – Jo Ann Emerson will lead the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association beginning this year
- Soundproof walls for peace, quiet and efficiency – Jim Dulley
- A tasty tradition – Blackwell Mill
- Legislative Guide